Monday, September 12, 2011

Anima Christi (Soul of Christ)

Soul of Christ, sanctify me. By your grace, make me whole;
Come now, through your blessed sacrament, renew and strengthen my soul.
Body of Christ, save me from eternal condemnation;
Bring me O’ Savior, the joy of your salvation.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me;
By your mighty power, from sin and the devil, set me free.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me;
Make me clean from all sin and iniquity.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me each day;
Uphold me by your Spirit, so I’ll not fall away.
O’ good Jesus, hear me. Be not deaf to my plea;
Shower down your rich love and mercy.
Dear Savior within your wounds hide me;
Through all times of my life, abide with me.
Suffer me not to be separated from thee;
Take me in your loving arms and hold me.
From the malignant enemy defend me;
Send down your holy angels to attend me.
In the hour of my death, call me to my home above;
Bid me to come. With your saints, I’ll glory in your love.

M. Carter 2011

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mike:
    Very nice treatment of the Anima Christi. I appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog. Please feel free to leave your comments.

FeedBurner FeedCount

Subscribe Now: poweredby

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: standard

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered By Blogger

Followers