Thursday, September 23, 2010

Master, I will reach out my hand.

Master, I will reach out my hand. Dear Savior, I need to take hold of you;
Savior, I need you to abide with me. Guide all that I say and do.
Savior, the journey sometimes seems long, and the days dark and dreary.
At times, I grow weak. At times, I have grown weary.

Master, I need strength, for there are many struggles that I face;
I am daily pressed down, and need your restoring grace.
The evil foe gives me no peace. Daily he attacks and torments my soul;
He throws obstacles along the path to turn from the heavenly goal.

Master, in this world of sin, there are many conflicting messages I hear;
They trouble my soul. I trust in you, and will have no fear.
Master, I need to be reminded that your blood was shed for my sin;
Through faith in you, I have perfect peace without end.

Master, I will reach out my hand. Let your love and peace enfold me;
When I feel weak and about to fall, reach down and uphold me.
Help me through this journey to remain steadfast and not turn away;
Master be present through this journey. Be my strength for each day.

-Michael Carter

From the collection:The Pilgrim's Journey by Michael Carter.
Due out this year through Lulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog. Please feel free to leave your comments.

FeedBurner FeedCount

Subscribe Now: poweredby

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: standard

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered By Blogger

Followers