Friday, September 17, 2010

Lord, in Your mercy

Lord God, I come to your holy table to seek comfort for my troubled heart;
I come, O' Lord, seeking the sacrament which offers the peace you impart.
Dear God, I ask for forgiveness, and I place my life into your care;
Lord God, in your mercy, look down upon me, and hear my prayer.

I confess to you my sins and all that I've done and left undone;
I do not trust in my merits, but I cling to the merits of your dear Son.
Lord Jesus, through the Word and sacrament, strengthen me in my despair;
Lord Jesus, continue to remain with me, and in your mercy, hear my prayer.

Through the Word and sacrament, give me the strength that I need each day;
With your abiding presence O' Lord, guide me along life's hard way.
Help me to always believe and never to doubt. I place myself into your care;
Stay with me Lord. Walk with me, and in your mercy, hear my prayer.

-Michael Carter

From the book: The Triumph of the Christ
By Michael Carter. Available through Lulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit this blog. Please feel free to leave your comments.

FeedBurner FeedCount

Subscribe Now: poweredby

Powered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: standard

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Powered By Blogger

Followers